A Wedding Dance To Last a Lifetime…
Look and feel great on your Wedding Day with wedding dance lessons from experienced and friendly teachers at Arthur Murray Ballroom Dance Studios in Commack, NY. Wouldn’t it be great to have the romance of dancing for the rest of your lives together!
Your first dance as husband and wife will be uniquely yours. We understand that every couple has different needs, preferences and time schedules. Everyone has the ability to be a good dancer with enough time.
Learning to dance for a wedding is a special gift that you and your spouse-to-be can give to each other. A couple who feels confident and poised when they dance together will ensure that their very first dance together as wife and husband will be a memory they will cherish forever.
Watch the video below to see how much fun engaged couples have learning to dance for their wedding day at the Commack Arthur Murray Dance Studio.
Call 631-462-0808 to schedule your first lesson or scroll down to see some helpful First Dance Wedding Tips.
TIPS from our experts on learning to dance for your wedding day:
1. Start dance lessons 6 months before your wedding day. Remember that the schedule will get very hectic as the wedding day approaches. Brides and Grooms that start learning to dance this early look confident and shine during their first dance because they have had enough time for practice, especially if our students are newcomers to dancing.
2. It’s OK if you haven’t chosen a song. On your very first lesson we will introduce you to the main dances most couples use. We can help make suggestions depending on which dance you like and do the best. If you already have a song chosen, bring it with you!
3. Be patient when learning to dance. Dancing is a great stress reliever, and a fun date night, so don’t put too much pressure on each other.
4. Don’t try to teach your fiance’. You’ll both have a lot more fun dancing if you let your instructor do the teaching.
5. Practice in the right shoes. Wear shoes to your lessons that are similar to the ones you’ll be wearing on your wedding day.
6. Be consistent with your appointments. The more often you come in, the less review there will be on each lesson. Plan at least once a week to get the most from your lessons.
7. Use the classes & practices when possible. Everyone feels most comfortable on a private lesson, but the classes and parties will be closer to what the rest of your reception will be like, and the teachers will be there to help!
Call to speak with an Arthur Murray Commack Ballroom Dance Teacher & Schedule your first wedding dance lesson today!
Things you may want to know for your first lesson…
1. What kind of music will you have at the wedding?
2. Will a band or DJ play your first song?
3. Will you have Mother/Son, Father/Daughter or bridal party dances?
4. Will your honeymoon have dancing? (Latin/Tropical getaway, Cruise,etc.)
5. What is the size of the dance floor at your reception?
6. How many other weddings will you attend this year?
FIRST DANCE WEDDING SONG IDEAS
Can You Feel the Love Tonight
Could I have this Dance
How Sweet it is to be Loved by you
Crazy for You
Don’t Know Much
Fields of Gold
Fly Me to the Moon
Forever and Ever, Amen
Groovy Kind of Love
Have You Really Ever Loved a Woman
Here and Now
I Just Called to Say I Love You
I Get a Kick Out of You
I’ll Always Love You
In Your Eyes It Had to be You
I’ve Got You Under My Skin My Girl
Night & Day
Our Love is Here to Stay
Someone to Watch Over Me
Stand By Me